Access Supports

two people making a service plan

Get Started

To access supports and services provided by OPWDD, the first step is to contact your regional Front Door Office

A Wide Variety of Support and Service Options are Available

As a family member, you can get help to support your loved one in the family home with the assistance of respite and other family support services.

If you are a person with developmental disabilities who wants to live independently in your community, you can find employment training and support, volunteer opportunities and other types of community engagement.

If you or your loved one has higher needs that require more intensive supports,  residential and day services may also be available.

The first step to getting the services you need is to reach out to your regional OPWDD Front Door office

HCBS Waiver
The Home and Community Based Services (HCBS) Waiver funds services for more than 90,000 people with intellectual and developmental disabilities. If you would like to receive Home and Community Based Waiver funded services, you will be required to apply for Medicaid and the Home and Community Based Services Waiver.

School Transition

Finishing high school and starting life as an adult is an exciting time for any student, including students with a developmental disability. Your school can help get you the information to start planning for your future. OPWDD recommends that you start planning as early as age 15.
Male Student
Your Rights
Basic Rights

People with developmental disabilities have the same basic rights as everyone else.


OPWDD is committed to protecting your privacy.

Right to Vote

All Americans have the right to vote, including people with developmental disabilities.

Get Notices
Sign up to receive regular updates on services, messages from the Commissioner and the newsletter.