The purpose of this memorandum and the attached documents is to inform Family Care Providers and Sponsoring Agencies of changes to the certification and review process that will be implemented in 2018. These changes include a statewide standardization of initial certification and recertification activities, including the introduction of standardized documents associated with these processes. The attachments to this memorandum include the following documents:
• New policy sections of the Family Care Manual: Initial Certification (Section 7.1) and Recertification (Section 7.2). These policies will replace existing Family Care Manual policies numbered 10.3.1 and 10.3.4.
• Initial Certification and Recertification Checklists, which outline minimum review activities required for initial certification and recertification of Family Care Homes. These forms will be used for both State and Agency Sponsored programs.
• The Agency Sponsored Family Care Affirmation of Recertification Actions, which serves to formalize the oversight role of the Sponsoring Agency in the recertification of an Agency Sponsored Family Care Home. This form will be submitted with Agency Sponsored recertification packets beginning July 1, 2018.
• The Agreement between the Office for People With Developmental Disabilities (OPWDD) and a Family Care Sponsoring Agency, which serves to document the Sponsoring Agency’s responsibilities for support and operation of its Family Care Program in accordance with Home and Community Based Services (HCBS) certification and applicable OPWDD regulations. An Agreement will be required for both State and Agency Sponsored Family Care programs by September 1, 2018.
• Notice of Intent to Deny and Notice of Denial, which notify a Family Care Provider applicant that the application for initial certification of a Family Care Home has been denied.