Health Home Care Management
Health Home Care Management services are provided by Care Coordination Organizations (CCOs) to assist people with developmental disabilities and their families in gaining access to services and supports appropriate to their needs. Health Home Care Management services are designed to:
- Provide comprehensive, person-centered care planning using a network of care managers and providers (team approach)
- Provide enhanced coordination and integration of primary and behavioral health services as well as access to medical and dental services
- Identify community based resources and make connections to community services and supports, housing, social services, and family services
- Use technology to link all services.
Care Management services are provided by qualified Care Managers who use a person-centered planning process in developing, implementing and maintaining a person’s Life Plan.
Basic Home and Community Based Services Plan Support
An alternative form of care management, which is also provided by Care Managers through the Care Coordination Organization is Basic Home and Community Based Services (HCBS) Plan Support. Basic HCBS Plan Support services is a very minimal coordination option and does not include coordination of health care or mental health services. It is important to note, with Basic HCBS Plan Support, your contact with the person coordinating your services will be limited.
Another option for care management services is the Fully Integrated Duals Advantage for Individuals with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities (FIDA-IDD).
The FIDA-IDD is a plan for adults with long-term care needs where you can receive both your Medicare and Medicaid benefits from one managed care plan.
To join the FIDA-IDD you must be:
- At least 21 years old
- A US Citizen or lawfully admitted to the United States
- Entitled to benefits under Medicare Part A and enrolled in Part B, eligible to enroll in Part D and eligible for full Medicaid benefits
- Eligible for OPWDD services
- Eligible for ICF level of care
- Live in New York City, Long Island, Rockland or Westchester County
The FIDA-IDD offers:
- Care management
- Primary care, specialist and hospital care
- Long-term supports and services
- Behavioral health
- Prescription and non-prescription drugs
- OPWDD services
CCO Coverage Chart
This document shows Care Coordination Organizations, the counties each one covers and contact information.
Care Management Options FAQ (Spanish)Traducción al español (Spanish)
Care Management Options FAQ (Haitian Creole)Tradiksyon kreyòl ayisyen (Haitian Creole)
Care Management Options FAQ (Traditional Chinese)中文翻譯 (Chinese)