Crisis Prevention and Response
NYSTART offers crisis prevention and response services to people who have both developmental disabilities and complex behavioral needs, as well as to their families and those who provide supports. Services are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to OPWDD eligible individuals age 6 and over who meet NYSTART eligibility. The goal of the START program is to build relationships and supports across service systems to help people remain in their homes and communities and enhance the ability of the community to support them.
NYSTART Teams provide the following services:
- Community partnerships and systems linkages
- Systemic and clinical consultation and training
- Community training and education
- Clinical Education Team training meetings
- Cross Systems Crisis Prevention and Intervention Planning
- Mobile crisis support and response for individuals enrolled in NYSTART services
- Outreach and follow up; and
- Comprehensive Service Evaluation
Referrals can be made by, but are not limited to, individuals, families, service providers, hospitals, psychiatric centers and other crisis services.
To make a referral or for more information, please contact your Regional Office NYSTART Liaison