What do I do if I am not provided with Language Access Services?

Are you Limited English Proficient (LEP)?

Do you have difficulty speaking, reading, writing or understanding English?

You have the right to be informed of, participate in, and benefit from services, programs and activities offered by the New York State Office for People With Developmental Disabilities (OPWDD) even if you cannot speak, read, write or understand English.

Under New York State Executive Order 26, OPWDD MUST assist people who have difficulty with English by providing FREE interpretation and/or translation services.

If you requested and were not provided language access services by OPWDD, contact:

44 Holland Avenue
Albany, NY 12229

OPWDD reviews and assesses information concerning abuses of civil rights, civil liberties, and profiling on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, or national origin by employees of OPWDD. This includes information concerning denial of meaningful access to OPWDD programs, activities, or services due to limited English proficiency. 

To file a complaint with OPWDD, a member of the public may email to: [email protected]

Other means for filing a complaint or contacting OPWDD:

NYS Office for People With Developmental Disabilities (OPWDD)
Nicole Weinstein, OPWDD Statewide Language Access Coordinator
44 Holland Avenue
Albany, NY 12229