Report An Incident

Making a Report

If you feel you or your family member with developmental disabilities may be the victim of an incident, there are a few different of ways to make a report.

Numbers to Call

If you live in a home or if you attend a program in a facility operated by OPWDD, you should contact the New York State Justice Center for the Protection of People with Special Needs at 1-855-373-2122.


You also need to contact your Care Manager and  OPWDD's Incident Management Unit (IMU) at 518-473-7032 or IMU's off-hours notification line at 1-888-479-7032.


If you live in the community in a home or facility that is not run or operated by OPWDD, you should always report any crime to your local police department or call 9-1-1.

Justice Center: The Investigation Process
Investigation guidance for individuals and families
Other Complaints
Inspector General

The Office of the Inspector General investigates allegations of misconduct and conducts audits and reviews of state agency programs and procedures. It it will then make recommendations for any necessary change.

Medicaid Inspector General

Do your part to help stop Medicaid Fraud. You can call the OMIG's hotline at 1-877-873-7283 or you can file a claim electronically.