Office for People With Developmental Disabilities

Print: Print this page

SNAP - Authorized Representatives


An applicant who is not capable of purchasing food must have an Authorized Representative (AR).  The AR (e.g., the Family Care provider for an individual in a Family Care (FC) home or the DDSOO or agency business officer for an individual in a Community Residence (CR) or Individualized Residential Alternative (IRA) will receive a separate Electronic Benefit Transfer (EBT) card to access the recipient’s SNAP benefit.  The AR will receive a card in the mail which has its own unique Personal Identification Number (PIN).  At this time, he/she can choose to use the PIN that’s provided or create a new one.