Through the OPWDD Accountability Initiative, we began imposing fines when an agency’s action or inaction poses a significant risk to one or more individuals. Providers affected include:
- Sheltering Arms Children and Family Services (Paid)
- Angels Unaware (Paid)
- NYSARC - Warren, Washington & Albany Counties Chapter
Disclaimer- PLEASE NOTE: Fines assessed against the agencies listed here are not final determinations at the time of initial posting. Once a fine is assessed, each agency has the opportunity to appeal the decision. The assessment of any fine becomes final when one of the following occurs:
- The agency pays the fine;
- The 30 day time period to appeal runs out and the agency does not appeal; or
- The agency appeals the fine assessment and the fine is upheld.