The New York State Office for People With Developmental Disabilities (OPWDD) intends to contract with a New York State Certified Minority or Woman Owned Business Enterprise (MWBE) or a Service Disabled Veteran Owned Business (SDVOB) to provide a Project Manager for a Cultural and Linguistic Competence grant designed to enhance services access to people from Chinese-American and Spanish-speaking communities, pursuant to its discretionary purchasing authority under State Finance Law §163(6). This procurement opportunity is limited to New York State businesses certified pursuant to Article 15-A of the New York State Executive Law, and businesses certified pursuant to Article 17-B of the New York State Executive Law.
- Offerer must either possess or assign the role of “Project Lead” to an individual who possesses a bachelor’s degree.
- Offerer must have the ability to travel within NYS to meet with and coordinate with Chinese-American and Spanish-speaking community members when online contact is not possible.
- Offerer must have the ability to travel to Albany 2 to 4 times a year, as necessary.
- Proficiency in Spanish, Mandarin, or Cantonese
- Experience working in the field of developmental disabilities
- Experience working with Chinese-American or Spanish-speaking populations
- Experience with Interpretation and Translation Services
- Experience and skills in marketing and multi-faceted communications
Interested Offerers are encouraged to submit a Letter of Intent no later than 1/29/2021 and to participate in the WebEx Q&A, scheduled for 10:00 a.m. (EST) on 2/2/2021.
Questions in relation to this RFP must be submitted no later than 2:00 p.m. (EST) on 2/2/2021.