People with developmental disabilities want to be able to be active participants in their community; they want and deserve opportunities to grow spiritually, enjoy community life and have meaningful relationships.
Strategies for inclusion
- Assist people with developmental disabilities who make faith choices to have their Life Plan reflect their choices.
- Training and resource materials to help create and sustain opportunities to help support people with developmental disabilities who choose to belong to the faith community of their choice.
- Work with faith leaders and congregants to integrate people with developmental disabilities into the faith community as valued members.
- Partner with houses of faith to create opportunities for community connections.
- Promote disability awareness forums in the community facilitated by advocacy groups.
- Partner with federal, state and local agencies and organizations to promote community accessibility.