Life Plan Outcome Measures for Providers
Goals are outlined in the Life Plan Section II: Outcomes and Support Strategies and can also appear in Section III: Individual Safeguards/Individual Plan of Protection. These are derived from the person's assessment.
The Life Plan will assign valued outcomes/goals to the provider with the following labels:
- (G) = Goal
- (S) = Support
- (T) = Task
Examples of Life Plan Goals and Outcomes
Outcome Areas - System Measures
Some things to look at:
- Does the person live and receive services in the most integrated settings?
- Does the person have community participation experiences that are meaningful to him/her?
- Does the person have meaningful relationships with friends, family and others that are important to him/her?
- Does the person experience personal health, safety and growth opportunities?
- Does the person exercise choice and decision making in his/her life and with his/her daily schedule to the extent possible?