The OPWDD Housing Subsidy Program supports individuals who choose to live independently in the community and who meet program eligibility. This program was previously called Individual Supports and Services (ISS).
This Housing Subsidy ADM provides information on eligibility requirements, responsibilities of providers and care managers, how to apply, what happens when someone is denied or terminated, and how to appeal decisions. Additional details about the program are included in the ADM as well as the associated attachments.
Since stakeholder review of this ADM in 2021, several changes have been included:
- Removed limit of 25% of the units in a building having a resident receiving an OPWDD Housing Subsidy;
- Created new process to request support letters for groups of housing subsidies
In addition to this ADM, changes have been made to the Self-Direction Guidance for Providers, specifically related to guidelines about sharing staffing resources.
Below includes a comprehensive list of changes made to the Self-Direction Guidance for Providers:
- Update reimbursement service guidance for IDGS, OTPS and FRR based to be clear and consistent with prevailing guidance.
- Add Broker Authorization section to bring current with ADM 2019-05.
- OTPS - Change “valued outcome” to “VO, goal, or needs” – same as IDGS ADM and aligned with Care Management/Life Plan structure.
- Shared Living Arrangement Language – add new chapter to establish expectations around shared living situations.
- Out of State/Out of Country – Remove outdated SD requirements and edit to refer to applicable current ADM.
- Attachment B – note that CSIDD and Resource Center are excluded from SD Budgets as consistent with communicated policy.
- Attachment E – Correction to remove referral to Startup as lifetime, it resets in a year as described in the Brokerage chapter.
- Attachment G – Updated ADMs and links to be current.
The self-direction guidance for providers is available on our website at the link provided here – https://opwdd.ny.gov/providers/self-direction-providers.