Office for People With Developmental Disabilities

Print: Print this page

What Can I Do if I am Not Provided Language Access Services?


Are you Limited English Proficient (LEP)?

Do you have difficulty speaking, reading, writing or understanding English?

You have the right to be informed of, participate in, and benefit from services, programs and activities offered by the New York State Office for People With Developmental Disabilities (OPWDD) even if you cannot speak, read, write or understand English.

Under NYS Executive Order 26, OPWDD MUST assist people who have difficulty with English by providing FREE interpretation and/or translation services.

If you requested and were not provided language access services by OPWDD, contact:

44 Holland Avenue
Albany, NY 12229

OPWDD reviews and assesses information concerning abuses of civil rights, civil liberties, and profiling on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, or national origin by employees of OPWDD. This includes information concerning denial of meaningful access to OPWDD programs, activities, or services due to limited English proficiency. 

 To file a complaint with OPWDD, a member of the public may download the optional fillable complaint form and email it to: [email protected] or fax to 518-474-9902.

More information about filing a complaint with OPWDD can be found by calling OPWDD at the phone number below.

1-866-946-9733 (OPWDD Infoline)

Other means for filing a complaint or contacting OPWDD:

NYS Office for People With Developmental Disabilities (OPWDD)
Office of Diversity and Inclusion Management
44 Holland Avenue
Albany, NY 12229

Edits Needed: 

Not all information about this page has been provided yet.

Add forms