OPWDD plans to release a new Statewide Comprehensive 5.07 Plan in the Fall of 2021 following stakeholder feedback and discussion which will begin in late May/early June of 2021.
The 5.07 Plan (after section 5.07 of NYS mental hygiene law) will include the top priorities for OPWDD policy and planning efforts for the next several years.
Launch Strategic Planning Webpages
Hold Regional Forum listening sessions
Collect written and verbal input
Meet with all stakeholder groups to discuss strategies and gather input
Develop the Strategic Plan using feedback provided by Stakeholders
Strategic Plan due to the Governor and Legislature on November 1, 2021
The New York State Office for People With Developmental Disabilities Invites People Receiving Supports and Their Families to Help Plan the Future of Our Service System
The public forums will provide you the chance to give input on OPWDD’s strategic priorities, the use of funds from the American Rescue Plan and the development of the agency’s 5-year Statewide Comprehensive Plan.
It is vital that we hear from everyone with a stake in this important service system and that we work together to make improvements for those who receive our services today and those yet to come.
OPWDD urges self-advocates, family members of people with developmental disabilities, advocates, and other interested parties to take part. We ask that each person take part in only one forum so that we can hear from as many people as possible. You may choose to provide spoken testimony at the event, submit written testimony or simply listen.
OPWDD invites comments on the following focus areas or other areas that you believe should be part of the agency’s strategic plan or considered as one-time financial investments in the OPWDD service system:
- How should OPWDD meet the growing demand for services throughout a person’s life to assure sustainability, equity and access?
- How can OPWDD include the values of diversity, equity and inclusion throughout the service system?
- How can the direct support and clinical workforce be strengthened to provide quality supports for the people we support?
- How can the OPWDD service system build and sustain a variety of housing supports?
- How can day and employment services better help people to achieve their life goals?
- How can the self-direction program better address the needs of the person and support for family caregivers, as well as assure equity of access and sustainability of self-directed supports?
- How can technology be used to support a person’s life goals?
- How can OPWDD, working with other state agencies, best plan for and serve children and adults with complex needs?
- How can OPWDD best use telehealth to meet a person’s clinical needs?
- How can care coordination better support people with complex needs or enhance the skills of Care Managers?
- What research projects would assist in screening, evaluating, identifying and supporting people with developmental disabilities?
Written testimony can be submitted to [email protected] or mailed to:
Attn: Communications Office
44 Holland Avenue, 3rd Floor
Albany, NY 12229
Speakers must register in advance and limit their comments to three (3) minutes. The deadline to register as a speaker is the close of business two days before each event. Opportunities to give spoken comment will be given on a first come, first served basis, as time permits. All webinars will be recorded and links to the recordings will be posted on OPWDD’s website after the events.
To sign up to speak, please call or email the contact person for each forum. If you only plan to listen, you can click on one of the links below to sign up. You can also request language access for the event or arrange for a special accommodation by using the links below (please register early if you need accommodations):
Region 1 (Western NY & Finger Lakes)
|5/26||1 PM - 4 PM||
Amy Hoffower(585) 241-5797
Region 2 (Central NY, Southern Tier & North Country)https://meetny.webex.com/meetny/onstage/g.php?MTID=ec9b4864f64c32cbb1f2d43ae37dfeef6
|6/2||10 AM – 1 PM||
Jessica DavisPhone: (607) 217-6619
Region 3 (Capital Region & Hudson Valley)https://meetny.webex.com/meetny/onstage/g.php?MTID=ed628c6ff1758546ffb0411a43bccf288
|6/3||3 PM – 6 PM||
Karen FranciscoPhone: 518-388-0431
Region 4 (NYC)https://meetny.webex.com/meetny/onstage/g.php?MTID=e0f60f8240dcee20c9de6bad1c2f9b182
|6/8||6:30 PM – 9:30 PM||
Heather Ifill-hindsPhone: (718) 642-6112
Region 5 (Long Island)https://meetny.webex.com/meetny/onstage/g.php?MTID=e6c60863c80efcb85eb90286dc3d950e1
|6/9||6:30 PM – 9:30 PM||
Gina McCreadyPhone: (631) 601-6065